Monday, May 9, 2011

Waco Bucket List

I saw an ad on Facebook for Living Social that said "Waco Bucket List."   I clicked on it because I thought it would be cool to see a list of things to do in Waco, but it was just a link to the website to sign up for their daily emails.  It got me thinking, though... Since there is a chance that Daniel and I may not be in Waco forever, I thought I would make my own Greater Waco Bucket List!  So here it is, in no particular order:

- Eat a Health Camp Shake
- Visit the Waco Mammoth Site
- Go kayaking in the Baylor Marina
- Photograph Emma in the bluebonnets (...guess we'll have to wait until next spring!)
- Tour some of the historic homes in Waco
- Go to the Armstrong Browning Library at Baylor University
- Take Emma to play in the spray park at Cameron Park
- Stay at Moon River Ranch's Bed and Breakfast
- Play pool at Cricket's
- Eat at The Coffee Shop Cafe in McGregor
- Drive by Prairie Chapel Ranch (George Bush's Ranch in Crawford) -- Do they allow visitors??
- Go for a swim at Tonkawa Falls in Crawford
- Drive by the Branch Davidian Complex in Mount Carmel
- Drink a cup of coffee at Common Grounds
- Eat at Jasper's BBQ
- Eat at One Thirty Five Prime
- Buy fresh produce at the Waco Farmers Market

I wanted to put down "see a show at the Waco Hippodrome Theatre", but it's closed and not even available for tours! :(

Things I would put on the list, but I've already done:
- Eat a Gut Pack at Vitek's BBQ
- Play at the Mayborn Museum's children's discovery center (**although we still need to take Emma when she's a little older**)
- Visit Cameron Park Zoo
- Hike the trails at Cameron Park (and climb Jacob's Ladder)
- Walk across the Suspension Bridge
- See a movie at The Last Drive In Picture Show in Gatesville
- Eat kolaches from West, Texas ("the Kolache Capital of Texas")
- Visit the Dr. Pepper Museum, the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum, and the Texas Sports Hall of Fame
- Walk all the way across the Waco Damn
- Eat at Papa Rollos Pizza
- See a show at the Waco Civic Theatre
- Swim at the Waco Water Park (**we need to take Emma there, though**)
- Visit the Bear Habitat at Baylor University
- Water ski on Lake Waco (Thanks, McKowns!)
- Visit Carleen Bright Arboretum
- Visit Homestead Heritage
- Shop at River Square Center (Spice!)
- Have breakfast at Cafe Cappucino
- Eat at George's

Is there anything else we should do?  Leave me a comment with any ideas I didn't mention!

2 comments:

  1. Something else that I would put on the list but we've already done: eat at Cyclone Corral BBQ in Cyclone, TX!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing that everyone in Waco should do if they haven't already: eat a breakfast burrito from Leal's!!

    ReplyDelete