Sunday, May 8, 2011

My first Mother's Day

I got my Mother's Day gift a few days ago when it arrived in the mail.  Daddy helped Emma write me a poem and had it put on a beautiful glass picture frame!  Impressed, aren't you?! :)


Mommy

We laugh and we play and we have so much fun
that we are so exhausted when the day is done.

You call me such sweet names
and love me to the core
but I know when I am grumpy
I can also be a chore.

But in all our sweet moments
just remember what I do
is only your reflection
just me taking are you.

Happy Mother's Day
Emma Leigh


How sweet is that?!

Today was a wonderful day!  Daniel let me sleep in (Emma woke up at 6:00 and I didn't get up until 6:50), and he had pancakes ready for me when I got up.  We had a nice morning at church, and Emma's Sunday School teachers gave me a pink carnation.  They attempted to put her fingerprint on the card, but she didn't want much to do with that... no surprise there since she doesn't like anyone messing with her hands! 


The rest of the day we relaxed at home.  Daniel emptied and filled the dishwasher, changed Emma's diapers all day, and grilled steaks for dinner! :)  I got to talk to my Mom on the phone, and my sister and her family came by to pick up their dog (we've been pet-sitting), so we got to hang out with them for a while.

My sister and her kiddos - Happy Mother's Day, Amy!

Emma and her Daddy

Emma went for her first swim in the "big bathtub" this afternoon.  She loved it!  (See the video I just posted on Facebook.)

After dinner, we took a walk around the neighborhood.  It was a little warm, but it was nice.  I couldn't have asked for a better day.  I am so thankful for my mom, my sweet daughter, and my wonderful husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment